Saturday, March 26, 2011

Road Trips End



Finally, I am at the Perry’s, fhew! I spent over 30 hours on a Greyhound from Denver to Indianapolis. Hell on earth. We were delayed two hours some where in Kansas because of a fatal accident in the roadway. After that we traded drivers because ours driver ran out of hours we drove 1 ½ hours longer before the second driver was out of time too. Instead of calling in early enough to get a new driver or parking us at a Wendy’s so we could at least get out and eat he parks us on the side of an exit ramp for 3 hours! There was nowhere to get off at. Awful! From Denver to Kansas city (the first 20 hours of the trip) a young paranoid man from Portland Oregon sat next to me. He talked to some airhead hick across the aisle for the entire trip! Everything was about government conspiracies. They were literally the only two people talking on the bus for a majority of the trip. They did shut up for most of the night but during the day light, none stop.

There we were stranded in Moab Utah. A lovely town to be sure but after three days of being stuck I felt the city limits shrinking around me. Clay decided to rent a car and finish the trip but I was low on funds and ready to be home, so we decided to drive to Denver where I could pick up the Greyhound. We spent the night in Keystone Denver with Clay’s friend Andrew. It was very snowy there, it’s a ski resort town and the slopes looked steep. So at last I’ve seen Colorado. It was pretty I think I might still live there some time but who knows.

I am glad I got to meet Clay’s friend Andrew in Keystone, he hiked part of the A.T. and basically told Clay everything that I have been trying to tell him… so vindicating.

When the Greyhound passed through St. Lewis I could see the Arch from the bus. It wasn’t as big as I thought it would be nor located in a very scenic spot. There was like a mud hole in front of it. Disappointment.

When the ride from hell was finally over, my wonderful sister, Michelle and her Husband Jake came to fetch me from the Indianpolis Greyhound station and brought me to Jake's family home where they are living now.  

Right now the four little Perry’s are running about and I’m loving hearing there pattering feet and high pitched voices. It’s nice to be around real people. Living among people who think working just to go out at night is real life is draining. I’m so ready for real life to begin. To work to buy Spanish curriculum and braces, that’s real life. I’ve enjoyed the travel but after the trail I’m done.

I think I might be having my portrait drawn at this moment by Anna the youngest Perry sister. Right now all the little Perry’s are taking “rest time” so that Angie can get ready to go. She has amazing grace with the four of them. Not that their terrible little kids are anything, they’re all dolls but there all little kids nonetheless. I listened to her all morning, giving them bathes, making them lunch and getting them ready for co-op, she never raised her voice or ranted. She must be a true saint. I don’t know how she does this every day. I want lots of kids but I’m not sure I’ll possess the same grace. I know I won’t. It’s sad but I have little patience. My poor rug rats, they’ll only survive by sticking with a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment